Exercise for the over-60s in Colchester
A tailored plan for those with reduced mobility and fitness
This class was originally set up as a temporary session, just to help the over-60’s prepare for the “Race for Life“. This class has become so popular that the members have asked me to continue with it after the Race for Life has been completed.
Similar to the Fast Walking class, but the pace is slower, the principles, however, are just the same. Meet with like-minded people who are all looking for the same benefits.
Benefits of Walking
- Gives your muscles extra strength
- Lowers your blood pressure
- Improves your balance – reducing risk of falls
- Increases your agility
- Helps with cardiac illness and diabetes
- Making of new friends
- Improves your lung function/capacity – helping with respiratory disorders
- Improves your posture
- Increases your energy levels
- Improves your state of mind